It’s that time of year again: blogging rampage time since my juries and finals are over and I don’t know what to do with my free time!
It’s also junior and senior recital season, as well as banquet and graduation season.
That said, every girl needs a fallback hairstyle that is elegant, timeless, and EASY.
Here’s my go-to updo.
- Good bobby pins that match your hair color
- One sturdy hair tie
- (Optional) fancy clip
- Curling iron
- Heat protection spray
- Curl all of your hair. To be safe, always spray it down with a heat protection spray. For best results, start curling at the root and then work to the ends; this improves the hold of the curl.
- Once the curls cool, separate them using your fingers and shake them out for extra volume.
- Choose the side opposite the part and put the hair on the underneath of that side into a ponytail, leaving the sides and top of your hair down.
- Twist the ponytail into a loose bun and pin it.
- Take a small chunk of the loose hair and twist it loosely; wrap this around the bun and pin it. Don’t worry if the ends are loose as you can secure them later and, as they are curled, they will look intentional anyway.
- Continue to take chunks of hair and either wrap them around the bun or wrap them around your fingers and then pin them to create curls surrounding the bun. This adds poofiness!
- When you reach the sides, loosely twist them into the bun as you did the other pieces. However, you can leave shorter pieces down around your face to frame it.
- The result should look something like this.
- Add a pin as needed to secure your bangs; usually I use a sparkly barrette.
- Optional: touch up the curls around your face and hairspray the whole creation.
- Also optional: add a fancy hat and pretend you are a wealthy widow with a dark secret.
Hope this helps any of you looking for some hair inspiration! 🙂